Sunday, September 4, 2011

Adjustments

Barcelona is amazing! The city- specifically Las Ramblas which is the colorful, energetic, and entertaining street that runs directly to the port and beach is my absolute favorite. I have definitely never been anywhere more beautiful.

       
                                                                           Port Vell.



                                                          Palm trees are my favorite.



Major differences I've noticed while in Spain, especially with my adorable host mom who cooks great meals :
- energy friendly: always turns off unused lights
- the entire city is much more efficient
- no bugs
- most things are closed on Sundays because 95% of the city is Catholic and Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest
- everyone uses public transportation
- everything is extremely healthy: the mediterranian diet
- drinks are extremely expensive, dollar beer days are over
- everyone knows i'm an American, is it that obvious?
- a/c is hard to come by in houses
- eat dinner at 9pm
- normal party time is midnight-5/6am
- restaurants, stores etc shut down mid-day for the Siesta (nap time) - i'll take that
- everyone wears sandals
- everyone is extremely protective of their belongings because Barcelona is the #1 pickpocketing city in the world

                                                                      Host Mom :)


           I've also learned that I can't pack light- who can for 4 months? My luggage at the airport:

No comments:

Post a Comment